Ways to tell someone is a Graduate of
one of Jerry Patterson's Blackjack Clinics
- 10. He walks on 18-inch stilts so he can scout tables like Jerry.
- 9. She glues her Players Club card to the back of her COMP Card
for good luck.
- 8. He uses stacks of dominoes to track the shuffles,
so he won't look like other shuffle trackers at the table.
- 7. She encourages players at the table to chant "we are all winners"
while the dealer shuffles the shoe, so they will REALLY believe it.
- 6. She dutifully records every hand at the table in her "Daily Success Diary".
- 5. He wears a barometer around his neck, shaped like a Jockey Club medallion.
- 4. He puts his ear to his Dick Tracy wrist radio, receiving card-count corrections.
- 3. She practices Tai Chi before walking up to the Craps table to control dice throws.
- 2. He wears a phoney convention badge with the name "Kelly Criterion" on it.
- 1. She asks the Cocktail Lounge band to play mombo music so she can
groove into the right dice-rolling rhythm at the Craps table.